Project Manager (Transmission, Substation, Utility, Distribution Line)
Project Manager (Transmission - Substation - Utility - Distribution Line)
USPRO is looking for a proven Project Manager to work with a client of ours in the Westwood, MA area. This individual will manage transmission projects in Connecticut/Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
- Individual will manage transmission projects in Connecticut/Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Works closely with management personnel in Transmission Asset Management, Transmission Planning, Design, Land Planning, Construction and Test, Finance, Regulatory Relations, Legal, and Purchasing.
- Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Management of project will be monitored by the Director of Transmission Projects or a Project Director.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, and low to medium financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting communications.
- Manage traditional transmission projects in Connecticut/Massachusetts or New Hampshire
- Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
- Works closely with Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Purchasing, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
- Manages the team’s review of the transmission planning statement. Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Conducts an environmental assessment and coordinates the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
- Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment
- Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
- Ensures the timely preparation System Impact Studies, ISO-NE and NEPOOL project submittals.
- Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
- Manages the development of required energization plans and operating instructions.
- Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan project submittals.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals
- Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for management
- Individual is assigned complex projects requiring close stakeholder interaction such as new substation projects, interconnection agreements, transmission line reconductor/rebuild projects, projects of medium to high financial risk, or assigned to a specific portion of a major project to manage under the direction of the Director Transmission Project Management or Project Director Transmission.
- High level of independent management of projects
- Manage the implementation of interconnection agreements.
- Provides clear, concise and comprehensive reports to senior management
- Provides guidance to less experienced project management personnel
- Prepares corporate testimony such as written responses for local, state, or federal regulatory proceedings.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered.
- Masters Degree is preferred and Project Management class work is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write reports and make presentations.
- Possesses the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make decisions.
- Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently.
- Self starter with strong communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing skills
- Individual leadership abilities, planning skills, decisiveness and customer focus
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
- Excellent leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
- Ability to develop skills to prepare presentations and expert witness testimony for local and state regulatory presentations.
- 5 yrs of related experience. Familiarity with Project Management methodologies is required.
- Engineering background required. Individual will be working on transmission/distribution projects.
- Analytical thinking capability – knowledge of distribution line, substation projects, and transmission would be beneficial
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience managing roads, bridges