Plant Specialist (Electrical Power Generation Facility)
USPRO is looking for a proven Plant Specialist to work with a client of ours in the Stafford, VA area. This individual will maintain daily operation, maintenance, and repair of gas fueled electrical generation facility.
Employment type: Contract
- Maintain daily operation, maintenance, and repair of gas fueled electrical generation facility;
- Understand the Environmental and Permit requirements for operation of power generation facilities;
- Coordinate, schedule and participate with subcontractors and equipment service work;
- Ensure safe and optimum electrical generation facility operations;
- Prepare and maintain daily reports;
- Work independently and apply sound judgment and critical thinking skills;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Adhere to an assigned work schedule including the availability to be on-call as assigned by supervisor;
- Learn all facets of the gas process including but not limited to: reciprocating engines, generators, ambient air coolers, gas blowers;
- Learn and operate computer control system for the plant;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up and shut down;
- Stay within operating parameters set by Manager and notify management of any production problems;
- Maintain good housekeeping practices; and
- Perform other duties as needed.
- 2 years equipment maintenance experience using mechanical, electrical, instrument or control system skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience performing mechanical maintenance on blowers, compressors, and equipment is desirable.
- Experience with Internal Combustion engines desirable.
- Understanding of PLC, electrical power equipment, and gas plant operations experience desirable.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity, both AC and DC, and Arc Flash Hazards.
- Basic knowledge electrical and electronic testing equipment.
- Basic computer skills including e-mail and data entry using Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills.
May require travel and flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs.