Electrical Engineer (Electrical Systems/Building Technologies)
Knoxville, TN OR Columbia, MD
USPRO is looking for a proven Electrical Engineer to work with a client of ours in either Knoxville, TN OR Columbia, MD. This individual will support the design, development and implementation of medium voltage electrical systems for energy-efficient building technologies and renewable power initiatives.
Employment type: Direct Hire
- Prepare engineering design drawings, specifications and bid document development in support of construction, operations, and maintenance of customer site programs and projects in accordance with design/build requirements.
- Analyze and prepare conceptual and detailed engineering design and bid documents, cost estimates, drawings, and specifications for energy-efficient building technology and renewable power systems.
- Coordinate with vendors and installation contractors for feasibility and pricing verification of proposed project modifications.
- Provide engineering guidance throughout construction, project commissioning, and operations.
- Cultivate and maintain effective business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- Manage project expenditures and job cost accounting: including documentation, approvals, tracking, and reporting.
- Compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes.
- Ensure successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver customer energy cost savings.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BSEE or equivalent four year technical engineering degree.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration required.
- Minimum 5-15 years’ electrical system analysis and design engineering experience, with exposure to facility operations and electrical installation projects involving co-generation, engine-generators, heating, cooling, lighting, motors, building controls, and automation technologies.
- Experience with cogeneration systems.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Power plant and interconnection experience a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD and electrical engineering software such as ETAP desired.
- Proven ability to manage and complete complex projects in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication and technical presentation skills.
- Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- Travel required.