Scheduler - (Engineering/Primavera)
USPRO is looking for an Engineering Scheduler with Primavera experience to work with a client of ours in the Westwood, MA area. This individual will be responsible for planning, creating and scheduling work plans for the engineering organization.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 6 months+
- Plans, creates or schedules work plans for the engineering organization.
- Provides these services for all stages of engineering scope in the project lifecycle from initiation, through closeout, with lessons learned to establish best practices.
- Monitors the performance of internal and external engineering resources.
- Works closely with engineering managers/engineers assigning and managing resources to develop accurate reliable resource loaded schedule
- Communicates across the Engineering organization (Distribution, Substation, T-Line, P&C, Substation Technical, Grid Mod) that engineering activates are coordinated and assigned
- Ensures engineering baselines for cost and schedule are established and monitored against actual engineering performance
- Produces engineering variance reports and performance dashboards (i.e. Director, Manager, CT/WMA/EMA, project PM, etc.)
- Utilizes system and scheduling techniques, practices and criteria to develop, maintain, analyze, and evaluate best approaches; anticipates changes and recommends solutions.
- Develops detailed logic for engineering activities for work performed by both internal and external personnel
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to department management and team members, project management, engineering management and team members, cross regions, and contracted personnel, as required.
- Applies project and work management techniques, practices and criteria using Primavera Scheduling Tool to develop schedules.
- Analyzes proposed project schedule versus actual completed tasks; participates in self-assessments and prompt adequate resolution of identified issues.
- The candidate should be proficient in project management, schedule analysis and the use of PC-based schedule software, specifically Primavera Project Planner for Windows, and with other LAN-based project scheduling tools; must have the ability to develop spreadsheets, databases and demonstrate the capability to transfer data between various applications and platforms
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of experience
- Senior-level candidate required.
- Primavera experience required as well as experience with Excel/MS tools.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with engineering departments.
- Transmission/distribution experience is a plus