USPRO is looking for a Planner/Scheduler to work with a client of ours in the Westwood, MA area. This individual will develop, coordinate, and/or review work plans for project schedules and maintenance schedules to minimize schedule impacts.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 5 months
- Creates or verifies work plans submitted to him/her, including parts requirements, switching and tagging requests and resources, required permits, instructions, standards, designs, procedures, prints, maps, etc.
- Works with Field Supervisors to determine critical path activities; creates estimates of man-hour and equipment requirements and time required to complete the job.
- Develops, coordinates, and/or reviews work plans for project schedules and maintenance schedules to minimize schedule impacts.
- Utilizes system and scheduling techniques, practices and criteria to develop, maintain, analyze, and evaluate best approaches; anticipates changes and recommends solutions.
- Develops detailed logic, system interfaces such as (TOA, NURS, NX-9, etc) and external personnel requirements; consults with Field Supervisors, Work Management Coordinators and company Managers, as required.
- Interface with work internal and external departments such as, project management, line management, work management and contract personnel, as required.
- Applies project and work management techniques, practices and criteria using Primavera Scheduling Tool to develop schedules.
- Analyzes proposed project schedule versus actual completed tasks; participates in self-assessments and prompt adequate resolution of identified issues.
- Proficient in project management, schedule analysis and the use of PC-based schedule software, specifically Primavera Project Planner for Windows, and with other LAN-based project scheduling tools
- Must have the ability to develop spreadsheets, databases and demonstrate the capability to transfer data between various applications and platforms.