Field Service Tech III
Field Service Tech/Desktop Support
USPRO is looking for a proven Field Service/Desktop Support Tech to work with a client of ours in the Minneapolis, MN area. This individual will provide on-site technical support for software and hardware installs, hardware moves, add or changes of hardware/software for the end-user community.
Employment type: Contract to Hire
Duration: 6+ months
Shifts: Days - The consultant will be available to work on any day during the week including holidays if required. The total hours per week for work performed will average 40. The site works a 9/80 work schedule.
- This is a Desktop support position.
- Provide on-site technical support for software and hardware installs, hardware moves, add or changes of hardware/software for the end-user community.
- Support includes break/fix issues, general requests, operating system patch remediation, PC refresh based on company lifecycle standards and general tier 2 desktop support. Provide basic desk VoIP telephone support.
- Provide mobile device support to include iPhone/ iPad/Blackberry/ Droid.
- Resolve printer issues namely toner replacement, paper jams and printer maintenance.
- Update asset inventory via ticketing system database. Working knowledge and experience with Active directory. Utilize Remote application software to provide service to both on-site and off-site users.
- May provide minor training to customer support personnel.
- Proficient in MS Office products including Lync/Skype for Business Proficient with a variety of MS Operating Systems: Win10, Win8, Win7, WinXP
- Troubleshooting skills for applications running on MS Windows based platforms (office, browsers, printers, etc) Basic understanding of networks Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge in Asset Management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Adheres to standards as defined in Standard Operating Procedures
- 6+ Years experience with High School or
- 3+ Years experience with AA or
- 0+ Years experience with BS.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers (i.e., frequent computer use, typing and writing).
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Indoor office and manufacturing shop floor environment.
- Some lifting and carrying of typical computer components. Safety shoes are required for the manufacturing shop floor areas.