Signal and Image Processing Engineer
Signal & Image Processing Engineer
USPRO is looking for a proven Signal and Image Processing Engineer to work with a client of ours in the Lexington, MA area. This individual will research, design, develop and verify signal and image collection systems, and define and develop processing and dissemination computer algorithms.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 3 years
- Primary duties will consist of supporting the design and implementation of real-time, high-speed data acquisition and control systems developed for multiple Red Team systems.
- This role will focus on multichannel data acquisitions and digital receivers for RF test beds.
- Other duties consist of integrating data acquisition and control system into radar systems, modifying and developing firmware, contributing to build system and software enhancements of supporting software layers, support the software infrastructure improvements;
- Contribute to debugging and the integration of control and algorithm software.
- Develop requirements analysis, system architecture, and integrate new signal and image capture and processing technology systems.
- Design, develop and analyze systems for the extraction of information from sensors.
- Systems utilization includes implementation of signal and image processing with advanced computer architectures
- Bachelors degree is required
- Candidate should have a very strong background in C++ and object-oriented design along with knowledge of common radar signal processing algorithms.
- Strong experience with FPGA firmware and C++ development of signal processing algorithms, multichannel, high-speed data acquisitions and digital receivers using radar systems.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of radar systems using real-time software development, real-time operating systems in both the VxWorks and real-time Linux environments.
- Experience with software and hardware systems and front-end hardware.
- Candidate should possess strong knowledge of the Linux operating system, the Linux kernel, Linux development tools and other standard C++ development libraries.
- The desire to work in a team environment with strong teaming skills is required.
- Active Secret Clearance is required.