Ambulatory Service Representative II
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Healthcare)
USPRO is looking for a proven Ambulatory Service Representative II to work with a healthcare client of ours in the Houston, TX area. This individual will perform patient registration procedures and ensure that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit .
Employment type: Contract
- Performs patient registration procedures and ensures that all necessary patient forms are provided and filled out for the clinic visit.
- Communicates with patient staff and providers regarding patient arrivals delays and clinic processes.
- Verifies insurance benefits and identifies correct plan codes that drive reimbursement (i.e. capitated allowance vs. per diem or discount of charges.).
- Enters batches and reconciles charges daily.
- Schedules new or follow up appointments for patients and confirms patient appointments verifying patient demographics and insurance information.
- Schedules ancillary appointments diagnostic tests and follow up appointments per provider orders/requisitions.
- Ensures that interpreter services are available for patients as needed.
- Responds to customer questions with prompt information and /or service related to appointment status wait time or unanticipated problems while being culturally sensitive.
- Performs other duties and provides basic office support including ordering and maintaining office/clinic supplies; maintaining office equipment; managing correspondence; copying faxing mailing and filing documents; and collecting and distributing mail.
- Serves in key role to assure most efficient patient throughput in exam rooms.
- Experience in a healthcare or related setting as well as pediatric experience is preferred.
- Required knowledge of medical terminology insurance terminology and customer service.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both oral and written forms; possess good interpersonal skills organization and problem solving skills and good time management skills.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service skills operate a personal computer and software efficiently and operate general clinic equipment.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- High school diploma with two (2) years of experience providing excellent customer service.
- Healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with insurance authorizations.
- Familiarity with epic.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good phone etiquette.