USPRO is looking for a proven Writer to work with a healthcare client of ours in the Houston, TX area. This individual will perform as staff editor, writer and reporter for internal publications and digital media, including company’s intranet.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 3 months+
- Performs as staff editor, writer and reporter for internal publications and digital media, including company’s intranet.
- Researches news stories to ensure clarity and accuracy for our audiences.
- Attends events for internal and external reporting, as needed.
- Coordinates with photographers, writers, public relations team and event managers (as needed) to ensure alignment between all groups.
- Interfaces with stakeholders (as required) to research topics, assist in content creation and manage approval process.
- Meets all necessary deadlines to ensure timely reporting.
- Keeps accurate, organized records of all projects and deliverables.
- May write executive communications, including emails, talking points and email responses.
- Thorough understanding of effective communications principles, as well as writing and editing standards through previous experience.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple responsibilities with a high level of creativity, collaboration and attention to detail.
- Expertise working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Independently driven with comfort working either autonomously or in a group setting.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or marketing, required.
- Writing experience in corporate communications, internal communications or public relations, preferred.
- 3 years of work experience as a writer