S. Edina, MN
USPRO is looking for a proven HIM Representative to work with a healthcare client of ours in the S. Edina, MN area. This individual is responsible for HIM operational functions supporting the completeness, integrity, and privacy of medical record documentation with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Typical functions include document scanning, responding to release of information requests, and providing support for the dictation/transcription processes.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 1 year
Shifts: Monday - Friday, 8hr shift; Start times between 8am - 9:30am.
- Indexes medical record documentation into the electronic medical record for inclusion into the permanent legal health record verifying presence of patient data and quality of the document for scanning.
- Indexes documents to the appropriate order, encounter, or office visit in the electronic medical record with the correct document type and appropriate description according to protocol.
- Tasks and routes documents to providers and others according to department procedure.
- Assists external care providers to electronically access Fairview health records as needed for urgent patient care in compliance with Fairview policy, federal, state, and other regulatory requirements.
- Retrieves and distributes patient paper, microfilm, and microfiche charts to support patient care, and re-file charts and other documents.
- Organization Expectations, as applicable:
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws, regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative thinking.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED.
One year in Health Information Management, medical office, or comparable work experience or education.
- HIM Coursework
- Completion of computer training in Microsoft applications
- Two years in Health Information Management, medical office, or comparable work experience or education.
- Remote but must be local for onsite meetings, etc.