Associate Analyst - Utilities
USPRO is looking for an Associate Analyst to work with a client of ours in the Auburn, MA area. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Gas Planning, Scheduling & Resource Management Business Unit.
Employment type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
- Provide support for the Design and Estimation of Gas Standard Program work packages.
- Creation of work orders within MAXIMO, completion and routing of Project Approval Forms, required updates to tracking document, creation of service project spreadsheets through GIS reviews, P6 updates, and some main and service estimates for program and new business gas projects.
- Provides support to Estimators and Designers to accomplish the goals established for the Standard Design Group.
- Creates work orders from pipe requests as required by engineering.
- Assists estimating team with establishing project specific service spreadsheets and submission for work order creation.
- Maintains project tracking sheet and updates information pertaining to monthly progress.
- Review and update P6 data specific to Project Controls requirements.
- Assists with routing of projects in PowerPlan for financial approvals.
- Estimates cost for Gas Projects and documents/evaluates historical data for the development and refinement of future estimates
- Verifies BOM for required materials needed for construction of Gas Projects.
- Prepares and reviews work packages to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Works cross-functionally with stakeholders to identify requirements and design specifications for new and existing gas facilities.
- Works with project management to verify project schedules and updates changes as necessary.
- Ability to read and understand contract documents, Engineering drawings, and specifications
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Teams
- Understands gas pipeline systems, construction materials, design and engineering concepts, and overall knowledge of gas construction
- Ability to analyze data and extract relevant information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Ability to multitask and shift among multiple priorities
- Strong sense of ownership and an effective team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline OR equivalent experience
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Job can require driving to different geographic locations to visit field sites or attend meetings as necessary.